Saturday, April 10, 2010

Glitzy flowers at 365 Cards

What, glitz ?? You don't have to ask me twice.

Today's 365 Cards challenge is some glitter on a flower. Easy !

I made the flower myself - it is my "usual" flower by now. I always seem to have a few of them as they can be made so easily in front of Lost or (my favorite) Judge Judy, sometimes even American Idol.

So, add a few MORE stickles to it, and it fits the challenge!

This card goes to Rufina, my bff, who picked up my mail and papers while we were on vacation. I bought her some of her favorite chocolate hazelnut spread from the Harry and David shop in Lincoln City - now I am thinking I wish I would have made a cute little bag too. Well, next time.

4 comments:

  1. Jan, you totally ROCKED this challenge.. gorgeous work.. woohoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job! love that blossom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty! I love this purple/lavender flower!

    Hey, I was going to e-mail you but you don't have an e-mail link on your blog. So, about the brayer. If you have one just start playing with it. Just remember if your cardstock is horizontal brayer your color vertically and vice versa. Start off the the cardstock and gradually work your way east to west across the cardstock. Start with the lightest shade and gradually progress to the darkest shade last. Then when it looks like you want it to, turn the cardstock around and work from the other end towards the middle. If you really want to learn how to do this go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPRVv1qF5Uc
    She does a really good #1 brayer technique.
    Have fun and I'd love to see what you create. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh! I am just loving all these cards you're making! You are really creating some beautiful works of art. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete