Thursday, July 29, 2010

365 Cards - Thursday sketch


♥♥♥ ♥♥♥

Wow, this card didn't turn out ANYTHING like I had envisioned, not even one iota. 365 Cards continues with its sketch week. I think I may try this one again down the road, since you can only see the bare bones of that sketch in here, if you squint your eyes real tight and wave your wand over it ...

Although the background looks like kraft cardstock, it is really a metallic (copper) kind of paper that looks really rich.

I made this one for Dom for our 33rd wedding anniversary, which is next month. He hasn't had one moment to look at my blog most of July, so I can keep it secret. There are lots of stickles on here, of course, my camera never sees them, but they are there.

And now, sigh, it is 5:30 and no one has made me dinner, sigh, so I guess I just hafta pop that quiche in the microwave myself, and eat on a tray in front of the tv, sigh. He says no work tomorrow night or this weekend, I am unbearably grateful...

♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥

7 comments:

  1. The colours on here are amazing and the sentiment so sweet after so many years together.Hope the quiche was OK. Have a great weekend with Dom ,perhaps you could cook his favourite meal and enjoy some down time.

    Hugs
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee.. What a lovely anniversary card. Gorgeous!!!. Love the colour tone and and the flourish and how everything just blended in.. I guess.. a reflection a good loving marriage :D.
    I have the fountain stamp set too (still virgin hehehe), you inspire me to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl your going to waist away to nothing if that man doesn't get home and cook for you!! lol
    i see the sketch!!! {{ well you know how well i stick to a sketch! lol}} This is STUNNING and an early congrats on so many years :)
    where is the bird bath image from?? told you i read what was used.......... must be the chocolate that made you forget *wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope that you poured yourself at least a glass of lovely white wine to go with that quiche of yours :-)
    Love this card! Great colours and the stamps you used are absolutely fab! Take care, Ira

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! love the colors, the sentiment, all the flourish... great card! ~k

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this is stunning!!

    I would love to see you at Let's Ink It Up. Check it out here
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this card Jan...the color is outstanding!

    The cookbook offer still stands :)

    ~K

    ReplyDelete