Wednesday, July 28, 2010

365 Cards - Wednesday sketch


♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥

As you can see, I am still working on a steampunk style, I think it will be an ongoing process.

Isn't it funny how something so simple can be so excruciatingly difficult to execute...

365 Cards is continuing its sketch week, and this is Wednesday's contribution. Pam announced that the triple winners this week will be asked to be guest designers in the future. Isn't that a great prize ? AND I am making absolutely no bones about the fact I am actively campaigning for my inclusion. Yup. Yup. Yup.

Dom is still working those terrible hours, 7 days a week, sometimes 14-16 hours a day, but he says the end is in sight. (Whew, someone has got to fix me a meal around here !! ) As Spencer would say, " Someone is MISSING!"

Stopped at JoAnn Fabrics today and spent $1.19 in a wild and crazy fashion. Spencer has spent the past year walking around with my little hand mirror pressed up against his eye. Huh ? Finally finally he has the verbal skills to explain to me that it is a magnifying glass, or so he thinks. So I bought him a real one - I will have to do a little treasure hunt for him to find it. But, can he find it without a magnifying glass ? what a dilemma ...

Played Word Racer at Yahoo last night, as I have every night (that I'm home) for more than 12 years. I told one of my buddies that I don't use the word "myrrh" enough in conversation, so here it is.

Don't forget to enter your card or layout at Papercraft Star this week !!

I am required to provide the fine print here for the ship's wall - and that is steampunkwallpaper.com, used under creative commons.

♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥

6 comments:

  1. This is fabulous, Jan!

    I
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ it!

    You're rockin' Steampunk-style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Jan you crack me up. sure hope hubby gets home to cook for you soon and that spencer can find his new gift :)
    love your card and what a great one for this sketch. oh and just between you and me....... my vote can be bought with chocolate!! *wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the coolest manly man card! I actually had to look up "steampunk" a couple of days ago because I didn't know what it was. Isn't that sad. :( Maybe Spencer will be the next Indiana Jones or Sherlock Holmes. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an extremely fab man card this is Jan! But um, you're really a big spender girl, lol!
    Take care, Ira

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this card Jan! You knocked it outta the park.

    By the way, I can send you a copy of 101 Ways to Cook Ramen, if you are really needing some help ;)

    xoxo,
    K

    ReplyDelete