Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Papercraft Star 10



♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥

A clean and simple sketch is our theme this week at Papercraft Star. And today challenge 10 opens !

I turned it on its side, and confess, I just had to add stuff, I tried my best, but that little tag leaped right out of its place and onto the card. Ok, ok, so maybe I already had a little pocket there.

And for a CAS, I really did a lot to this card. (Mostly shop on the internet, and be smart enough to use my 40% off coupon at Ben Franklin to buy that Tim Holtz embossing folder.) The corner punch isn't (a corner punch), I just turned a regular border punch and cut on the corner.

Enter your submission between now and Saturday, 8/28 - then the voting begins. Final voting day is Monday 8/30. Be sure you check out the fabulous forums at Papercraft Star while you are there. And VOTE !!

Here comes the small print...

Cardstock - Recollections
Back green paper - K & Co
Front green paper - digital from Etsy shop, Land of Enchantment
Image of child - digital from Land of Enchantment
Ink - Distress Ink, Ranger
Stickles
Embossing folder - Tim Holtz
Sentiment - Mrs. Grossman (rub-on)
Ribbon - Craft Essentials
Jewel brads - American Crafts Elements
Punch - EK
What? No SCAL this week ? What is going on ?

♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥

11 comments:

  1. Too cute, this little baby peeking out! Lovely card Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohhh...I love that embossing folder (now on my list of must haves). Great card Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card Jan! I love the colors and that little baby is adorable!

    Have a great week! Regan

    ReplyDelete
  4. oo, so yummy jan! love the texture fades, the stamping, the colors, so gorgeous! thanks for sharing :)! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CAS may seem simple but when you're used to adding all those great bits and pieces it can be difficult. Love the pocket and tag and that cool texture plate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your sweet comment Jan, I am lucky to have the gals helping me out at City Crafter, and fortunate to have supporter like you for the challenge blog too, without all the beautiful creations, CCCB won't be this much fun! Thank You!
    I love everything vintage, so you'll know, I really love this, especially the images inside the frame, and the embossed frame, truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Jan! I *need* some of those Tim Holtz embossing folders! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you used the Tim Holtz folder...I've been thinking of buying one..but couldn't envision how I would really use it...now I know! LOL... also GASP....no SCAL? well it turned out fantabulous (yes, fantabulous) just the same...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work Jan! Love the tips you gave and your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it, Jan! You know I love me some embossing and some Tim Holtz.... hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beautiful card Jan. I love those embossing folders from Tim Holtz and loved how you used it here.

    ReplyDelete