Wednesday, June 26, 2013

TKJ - Adding wax to your work !


♥♥♥♥♥

Today's tutorial from The Kraft Journal is about waxing.   I have always loved the look of wax on an image, but I thought it was a complicated process.  I was wrong !

Here is what you will need:


A little hot pot (I use this little pot ONLY for waxing) I paid $2.97
Some beeswax - I paid $5.00 for this jar, a little goes a long way
A finished image (today I am using an inked and stamped tag)
A foam brush (you will throw this away) I paid less than $.10
A heat gun
A craft sheet


Add a little bit of the wax to the pot, and plug it in.  It will only take a minute to melt.


Brush the wax over the image in smooth even strokes, trying not to overlap.


Use your heat gun to remelt it, leaving a smooth surface.  Let it dry.


Add a ribbon and you are done !  The finish will look soft and antiqued.  Start to finish the whole waxing project takes less than 5 minutes, and you will LOVE the look.  If you are looking for tags, don't miss the Kraft Outlet - you will definitely find what you want !  Thanks for stopping by today !  I hope you will give this easy project a try. 

♥♥♥♥♥


2 comments:

  1. I have one of those pots and the wax ... One day I will get it out again! Your tag is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this Jan! I'll have to give this a try. I wonder if you can stamp into the wax as it dries for added texture? Thanks for a great tutorial!
    Hugs,
    Anitra

    ReplyDelete